Summer School InMotion 23.06.18 - 08.07.18
|Summer School in St.Petersburg|
Preparation for the summer school in St. Petersburg
The students started work on mini projects for the summer school, therefore a special site in OMSE was developed for communication between the students and teachers. Students got the tasks, submit their solutions, communicate between each other and prepare to the visit to St. Petersburg.
The preparation the International Student Summer School is going on in accordance with the working plan of InMotion project. The summer school will take place in Saint Petersburg from 23rd June 2018 to 9th July2018.
The organizers of the Summer School - Russian Universities - the SPbPU, the SMTU, the NSTU are carrying out organizational work related to the monitoring of the implementation of joint mini-projects by international student teams, as well as arranging a visit of students and teachers from universities of Germany, Slovenia, Spain and Malaysia to St Petersburg, and detailed preparation of the Summer School Program.
Students of partner universities are implementing their mini-projects in CMS environments, that are used in the learning process at their universities. As part of this work, students from different countries communicate each other using OMSE.
The NSTU as the organizer of mini-projects contest is monitoring implementation of the assignments, given to students, using OMSE. The NSTU team analize, assess and make recommendations on the works posted on the OMSE by students of partner universities. They developed templates for students presentations, contact the university curators of mini-projects from partner universities and coordinate teamwork within international student teams.
Host universities from St Petersburg - SPbPUand SMTU are preparing the program of the Summer School, coordinating it with the European universities and universities from the partner countries.
The two-week Summer School program includes:
- acquaintance with the host universities and with organization of educational process in them;
- lectures and practical classes on CSM-packages for solving applied engineering problems by professors from universities participating in the InMotion- project, as well as lessons on using collaborative OMSE platform by students and teachers as a part of hybrid learning process;
- conducting master-classes on the use of computer mathematics packages;
- presentation of training materials, developed by teachers in order to support
- educational process on CMSE disciplines;
- practical meetings with specialists at enterprises and in organizations of St Petersburg, whose activity is related to computer modeling of various engineering tasks and processes ;
- meeting with the specialists of the non-academic partner of the project - SPIIRAS;
- presentation of collective mini-projects performed by international student teams; determination of the best works, recommended for publication in the refereed journal;
- participation of teachers and students in the international conference in the field of computer and mathematical modeling, organized by the SPbPU ;
- cultural program, related to acquaintance with St Petersburg;
- intercultural communication of students from different countries, participating in the Summer School;
- holding round tables with the stakeholders on implementation of the InMotion project;
conducting surveys of students and teachers, involved in the learning process on CMSE disciplines, in order to analyze achievements and objectives set in the framework of the project.