Innovative teaching and learning strategies in open modelling and simulation environment for student-centered engineering education
The general aim of InMotion is to continue the reform of the system of higher education in the Engineering in Malaysia and Russian Federation to improve quality of education and teaching according to the priorities established in the Bucharest and Yerevan Communiqués and to meet the demands of Strategic Framework for European Cooperation in Education and Training (ET 2020).
When implemented the project will change the situation in Engineering education in the following ways:
- Student-centred learning will make the educational process more flexible and effectively by the choice of the desired studying areas.
- Consortium universities in MY and RU will be enabled to prepare graduates competent in the Computer Modelling and Simulation( CMSE) field.
- With Open Modelling and Simulation Environment platform (OMSE) we will create a new paradigm in respect to integration, harmonization and aggregation of various types of quality-controlled eLearning components derived from internationally operated learning and research facilities. All the consortium members will have an adaptive learning environment both meeting the needs of today and oriented towards technologies of tomorrow.
- The stakeholders will get access to the MOOCs for the LLL training of their professionals
- Prospectively, other Facultaties of partner universities and universities outside the consortium may adopt the learning environment (OMSE) and use it for teaching students in the other fields.
The principal outcomes and outputs are:
- updated Curricula with new Syllabi
- new Textbooks, guidelines
- new eLearning Materials, based on innovative teaching strategies and creative learning approaches, such as: Research Based Learning; eScience approach; Collaborative/ Personal Learning Environment; virtual labs for learning and comparison of the modern Simulation packages: Matlab, Simulink, RDM, Modelica, ISMA, Wolfram SystemModeler
- MOOCs in CMSE.
ERASMUS +, Capacity building in higher education, № 573751-EPP-1-2016-1-DE-EPPKA2-CBHE-JP